The new Humalog coupon for 2019 is here! Humalog is a medicine that is used to treat diabetes and control blood sugar levels in the human body; however, Humalog is not prescribed to patients with an extremely low blood sugar level or if the individual is known to be allergic to any inactive ingredient found in the medication. Read on to find out more information about the Humalog Coupon 2019.
Humalog Kwik Pen 100U
If you need financial assistance with the Humalog Kwik Pen, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- To be eligible for financial assistance, you must be an uninsured or underinsured American who is struggling to pay for the cost of their insulin.
- For changes in dose, your doctor may increase or decrease your level of insulin depending on how your body reacts to the medication.
- Variations in blood sugar – Different levels of blood sugar will always be displayed when you check the levels regularly. These variations are quite normal, as your blood sugar level depends on a variety of factors and not just one. Several factors, such as your individual diet, lifestyle, activity level, eating habits, other medications you may take, the amount of stress you are going through, and how long you sit per day can all influence your blood sugar levels. Diet may be the most important facet in all of these factors.
How to Use Humalog
Being a lightweight and a small-sized pen, it is pre-filled with mealtime insulin. Since it can be carried anywhere, it makes sense that it doesn’t need to be refrigerated after use; this quick-acting insulin helps keep your blood sugar levels at a safe and healthy range. The pen is incredibly easy to use, with easy-to-read instructions on the pen and the box.
Benefits of Humalog
- It is very easy to deliver the correct dose
- It is easy to see how the dose is being set up and delivered
- The pen and gauge is a marvel of modern technology
Safety Precautions for Humalog
- Humalog should always be stored at room temperature, and should always be used within the first 28 days of use. Discard the pen therafter.
- Never change your insulin brand or dosage without first consulting your doctor or healthcare provider.
- Never unseafely remove the insulin from the Humalog kwik pen and try to inject it directly. This can pose life-threatening issues.
Side Effects of Humalog
As with any medication, Humalog comes with a risk of adverse side effects. This medication is used to treat Diabetes Type 1 in afflicted individuals. Humalog is usually prescribed with another long-acting insulin. It may also be used with other oral medications to control the level of blood sugar in your body. A few of the common side effects of Humalog may include:
- Low blood potassium levels. This can be diagnosed through the following symptoms: increased urination, increased thirst, muscle pain, muscle weakness, leg pain, leg discomfort, general confusion, and dry mouth.
- Hypoglycemia – also known as low blood sugar – is the most common side effect of Humalog (insulin lispro).
- Injection site reactions, such as irritation, pain, or redness may occur.
Tell your doctor if you are on any prescription medications, as serious interactions may occur with medicines such as albuterol, clonidine, reserpine, beta-blockers, or other medications.
Humalog Prescription Assistance
The Rx Solution was founded to help solve the problem of unaffordable healthcare in America. We assist uninsured and under-insured Americans by enrolling them in prescription assistance programs, which are programs offered directly through the drug manufacturers for those struggling or in financial need. We can get you your medication to your doorstep for little to no money to you! All you have to do is pick up the phone and call!